I'm pleased to announce we are reopening the library on Monday, June 8 - with several restrictions in place. The following is the policy we will be following:
What will our hours be? 10am to 6pm Monday -Friday for curbside and holds pickup
11am to 5pm Monday – Friday, 9am -12pm Saturday to enter the Library
What is our Maximum capacity at this time? 8 patrons will be allowed in the library at a time.
Are Masks required? Yes. All staff and patrons must wear masks.
No Shoes. No Shirt. No Mask.
What if patrons are not comfortable wearing a mask or entering the library? We will still offer curbside service to those who want it.
Will we allow children inside the library? Children under 16 are allowed if they are with, and supervised by, an adult. Those who do not comply will be asked to leave the library. Summer Reading Forms will be collected at the end of the Summer (July 31), or they can be submitted in the drop box.
Will we allow PC use? Yes. The computers will be spaced 6 feet apart. Computer time will be limited to 1 hour and will be prioritized for job searching, business, homework, etc. (time may be extended if tasks cannot be completed within an hour). Sorry, but at this time there will be no gaming on the computers.
Will bathrooms be open? Yes, and they will be sanitized regularly.
Will we provide senior hours? If we determine there is a need, we will create Senior Hours
What safety measures are we taking? We will regularly sanitize frequently touched surfaces.
- Returned items are quarantined for 72 hours. (You will notice a lag on your account.)
- All materials and surfaces are wiped with approved sanitizing wipes.
- Computers are spaced 6 feet apart.
- Cloth furniture is sprayed with Lysol.
- The water fountain/bubbler are out of service.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for patrons and staff.
- All programming will be virtual on Facebook and Website.
- We will have Paper forms for the Summer Reading Challenge
- Any sick person, including library staff, will not be allowed in the building.
- Everyone will stay 1 Cow's length apart!
Signs posted in the entrance, and inside the building will advise patrons:
If you are sick, please stay home. If you are extra-vulnerable, we encourage you to stay home, participate in Curbside pick-up, or try our Libby app.
Please maintain a cow’s length distance between yourself and other patrons or staff. (6 feet)
Wear a mask and wash your hands regularly. Use hand sanitizer if you can't wash your hands.
Look, don’t touch, unless necessary. If you touch an item that you don’t take, please put it on the quarantine box at the desk to be quarantined for 72 hours.
*We are sanitizing surfaces regularly, but we cannot guarantee the library is germ-free, please understand that you assume risk when entering a public space.